now browsing by category
2019 will be bringing you some new podcasts as well as a return of, Senior Moments with Bradley & Heather Greene. We are waiting with great anticipation to welcome them back after a hiatus.
Katie O’Toole Smith will be joining newclevelandradio.net, sharing the message that “all things are possible!” It’s more than a saying or a spiritual belief. “If you give up it means you never tried,” and with the support of others, there is no reason not to try! (First show is scheduled for Thursday, February 14, 2019, @ 6 pm EST)
Melinda Smith will share thoughts on positivity and not in a cheesy condescending way, but woman-to-woman, person-to-person. It’s not about right or wrong; it’s about facing challenging and creating new opportunities. As Helen Kellet stated, “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” (First show is scheduled for Monday, February 11, 2019, @ 6 pm EST) MY HEART MOJO
It is this poem by Edgar Guest that my pops repeatedly quoted that encourages me to face each challenge as an opportunity!
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Somebody scoffed: “Oh, you’ll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it;”
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat
And the first thing we knew he’d begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it.
There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure,
There are thousands to point out to you one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start in to sing as you tackle the thing
That “cannot be done,” and you’ll do it.
I am so proud to share that my oldest son, Steve Rogovin, he is now a part owner in a new restaurant in Chicago. “Brothers and Sisters.” https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-brothers-and-sisters-opening-soon-20181018-story.html
Steve is also a practicing attorney with the law firm, MPSLaw in Chicago.
If you find yourself in the Chicago area, please check out, “Brothers and Sisters.” Brothers and Sisters, 2119 W. Chicago Ave., www.brothersandsisters.fun
Please do not ask someone why they are anxious or depressed, often they cannot provide themselves with an explanation so why assume they will be able to communicate with you? Anxiety is normal it is part of the flight or fight process. Without a touch of anxiety, we could place ourselves in harm’s way walking up to roaring Lion or crossing the railroad track as a train comes towards us at full speed. However, anxiety that produces dread for seconds, minutes or longer can interfere with our normal routines. I know I went through this five years ago. Up until that time I pushed and prodded through often with tears and mood swings blaming it on trivial things like a broken nail, I gained a few pounds, or I was not included in an invitation. Oh whoa was me! However, those situations were just the triggers, they weren’t the reason, and sometimes we never figure out the whys!
Anxiety can affect us all in different ways including irritable bowel, obsessive-compulsive needs, and migraines, just to name a few obvious ones. In my case IB and Migraines are my malady and recently (over the past few weeks) I have had an increase in Migraine attacks along with this on again, off again of foreboding. My fear is my anxiety will deepen and take me into depression and I won’t and can’t have that as part of my journey.
The series that I am planning for 2019 will not only help me face the demons that invaded my thought pattern, but it will bring me closer to others while I share my story I will listen to theirs. It is only in this common thread of true and open communication that we can face this disease head-on. Yes, anxiety and depression by medical terminology are diseases, and although they do not need to be terminal without support, understanding, and acceptance, for some, it is life-threatening.
This week has been difficult despite the love, friendship and support of family and friends. However, please know there is still a brewing demon called anxiety living within in me, and I must become more intentional in my thoughts and living to extinguish what is not needed for survival.
It will soon be 2019; it seems like it was just 1999 and the year 2000 was a potential fearful new beginning. However, despite all the hype 1999 rolled into 2000 without a hitch, the World continued to orbit although there have been days I have wanted to scream: “Stop the World, I want to get off!” However, life does not work that way, and the rotation continues.
I have experienced many life changes in the past 20 years, and as we head into 2019, I have plans for additional events that will not only allow me to grow but will include many of you. So here is how you can join me on a journey of friendship and love.
- If you like music and enjoy having company, contact me care of email@example.com. Newclevelandradio, LLC., we will plan a house concert for you to host in your home. A house concert is just what you think it is, a concert at your home. You provide us with the type of music you would like to have presented. Guarantee a minimum of $200 (which you can collect through ticket sales.) We will help you do the rest through social media. This is an opportunity to meet performers and host a private event that will enrich your life as well as your guests.
- Do you have a dream? “If you will it, it is no dream.” Join us for a monthly series: “It’s My Life, I Can’t Do It Alone.” A special thank you to Sheila James , Sheila is my inspiration for starting this series. I have dreamt about who I want to be, and for the last five years I have been taking baby steps in that direction, well now I am taking a giant step, and it’s not just about me, but you too. We will share dreams once a month in a forum where you will get to know me and the people who inspire me.
- Adding new shows on newclevelandradio.net. We will be encouraging the inspirational people who you will be meeting to continue their stories and share information to help us all follow the path that is best for us.
- Beginning an Entertainment Series at Vista Springs. This is not just local school or church performers although I look forward to bringing them into Vista Springs to become part of the community, however, in 2019 I will be introducing the community members, staffers, the families as well as all of you to join us for monthly live music/comedy performances at Vista Springs.
Music is a universal language and comedy brings out the endorphins for physical and emotional healing. We cannot do it alone, and neither can you! We will create a venue that will provide us with sunshine even on a cloudy, gloomy day here in northeast Ohio.
- This is the year of positive living; we will touch on topics like healthcare and self-care. Self-care is not always a solo journey, as the name of this series indicates, “It’s My Life, I Can’t Do It Alone,” we will discuss the concept of asking for help and aiding another.
My journey is not unlike the one you may be traveling, however, let me guide you, and please feel free to guide me as well. Let’s live in our lives in harmony.
One of my very special guest speakers will be Candace Pollock from the Intentionality Gurus. Candace and I have been hosting a podcast. Candace is a certified Personal Coach, she and I have been working together since March 2018, and I have learned so much about myself and the decisions I make, I have chosen if and what I want to change in my life. Never once did Ms. Pollock suggest or recommend that change was needed. As an intentional guru, I have learned to listen with my head and my gut!
Although he may not know it yet, Gary Wenner is another role model that I would like to include in this series. Gary may look like an ordinary man, but Gary has a heart of gold, and common sense to take himself from a depressive state to rekindling love and friendship when most would cower under.
Others that will be invited to share with me and you included: Melinda Smith, Katie O’Toole Smith, Katie Kramer, Jenny Bruce, Dorsena Drakeford, Denise Zarella, and another person who not only touched my life but changed it, Lorna Barrett. I have a long list of individuals who will add to this series and maybe one of them includes you.
I look forward to hearing from you and have you join me as I continue
 Theodor Herzl
 Coaching can be described as a relationship between a Life Coach and client where the coach uses specific skills to help the client achieve agreed upon results.