now browsing by category
We have some news to report, and much we are excited to be offering here at newclevelandradio.net
*Beginning next week, we will be rolling out SHERAPY with Sherry Amatenstein, LCSW is an NYC-based psychotherapist and author of The Q&A Dating Book, Love Lessons From Bad Breakups, and The Complete Marriage Counselor (www.marriedfaq.com). She edited the anthology, How Does That Make You Feel: True Confessions From Both Sides of the Therapy Couch. Before becoming a therapist, she spent two years volunteering at a suicide hotline. She was also an interviewer for Steven Spielberg’s USC Shoah, a foundation dedicated to taking audio-visual testimony from Holocaust survivors. She is a former editor at Hearst and ivillage.com, and longtime journalist who has written for, among other publications, The Cut, Hemispheres, Brides, Good Housekeeping, The Week, vox.com, and Washington Post. She runs workshops on defanging your trauma and tapping into your inner strength and has offered advice on Today, CBS, and NPR. When pressed, she admits to having conducted a pre-marriage counseling session on an episode of CMT’s My Big Redneck Wedding.
*In January, Amy Ferris will begin podcasting with us as well, and her first series will be on REDEMPTION with her co-host Teresa Stack.
In getting to know Amy, she is more than an author, editor, screenwriter, and playwright. She is an amazing sister to many as she tells it like it is with words some may choose not to want to hear, but it is time to listen. Amy Ferris understands the human spirit; she has and continues to live it and share it. You will fall in love with this new podcast series as it exemplifies the mission of newclevelandradio.net. Our mission is to encourage living in a manner that provides you with happiness while not infringing upon the life of another.
Additionally, Teresa was the President of The Nation and continues to write and advocate for what is right and just. This series should be a dynamic conversation and help enlighten and encourage pure awareness and forgiveness for us to heal emotionally and become a fair and robust community.
*Also in January, Michael Gershe, Speaker, author, comedian, advocate against impaired driving. Landscape photography is his passion, as well. As the Founder and Executive director at The Magic of Life Foundation, Michael will share his stories and bring on guests who will discuss what impaired driving means. As the new James Bond trailer states, “No Time to Die,” this should be our time to live!
*2020 is going to be our year as Melinda Smith will be expanding her Heart Mojo Series and adding, “Are You Ready for the Future?” This is not just about estate planning; it is so much more. Let’ s begin planning for where we want to be as we walk/run through this journey of life. Not everyone has a partner, children, or relatives that are part of their inner circle, and it will be up to us, the community to come together to lend a helping hand if needed. Senior life should be the next stage and experience everyone can cherish, but we must prepare for ourselves, our parents, and grandparents. Are you Ready?
*We are in negotiation with Comedy Mike Conley for a bi-weekly comedy show, including helpful hints, tricks and coaching of the trade. Mike and I will encourage other comics, and Open Mic Want to BE’s to join in on the discussion.
*Have you heard of Saul Paul? If not, you need to check him out – He is a musician with a message but more than that he has transformed himself to be the person he wants to be and the person you and I can admire. He has seen tough times and good times, and he is not afraid to speak of them and help guide us. Also, check out his book, “Be the Change: A Story of Transformation.” I admire this man so much. I need to know more, and so will you! We hope to have him join us this coming year.
*Sheila Weller is impressive, and if we are lucky, she will join us as well, bringing us information, discussions, and interviews with and about Iconic Women. Sheila Weller is the best-selling author of a ton of books, most recently: Carrie Fisher, Life On The Edge (a stunning book!), and her very exquisite book: Girls Like Us – which is the definitive book on women in rock n’ roll – Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, Carole King.
- We will continue to bring you a new version of Care Notes – Doug Wilber and his staff at Cherished Companions have been winners in the Home Health Care Field. We are living in a time when this a vital need for many. Care Notes took a mini hiatus, but we look forward to their return in the new year.
- What in the World with Paul Seaburn and John DiNallo will continue their weekly gig, this is the only show we currently record on location at Joe Maxx Coffee Company in Brecksville, Ohio. Joe Maxx is the current sponsor of this REAL and STRANGE COMEDY NEWS Show that also includes SPORTS, unlike the way you may have heard sports before.
- Lyft Diaries with Morgan is a monthly series on the life of a Lyft and Uber Driver. Morgan shares her experiences as well as inviting other drivers to join in her humorous manner of retelling the incidents that may happen in a Lyft or Uber. Dental Works is now sponsoring this show.
- Katie the CarLady with Coffee is a bi-weekly series on cars (and coffee). Katie has been in the car business for 20+ years, and she is not your average Car Salesperson. The Car Lady treats you like she would want to be treated. She ensures you are educated and engaged in the car purchase, Lease, or maintenance program you may need. If you want to understand how to buy or lease a car, this is the podcast for you. If you want to know how to find the best mechanic to care for your vehicle (remember this is an investment), she will lead you. If you’re going to become more versed in the process and language of car sales well, tune in.
- The Intentionality Gurus with Candace Pollock continues, and we welcome you to join in. Candace is a personal coach. Each session, she walks me through an exercise, and I have the opportunity to explore what works for me, what doesn’t, and delve into the reason WHY. This podcast is gaining great success; it is not a therapy session; it is about becoming YOU as you understand the dynamics in life and how you choose to view them and respond.
We expand on many of our music interview shows as well, including:
- Café Lena Meet the Performers & More
- Conversations with Comics with NO COFFEE (Hilarities)
- Entertainment Talk with EMPKT
- JFTSOI with Gary Moss _ SCRABBLE more than a Game, a Way of life
- The Universal Language of Music
- Original Music with the Approval 2 Play
Please join us at 11 am this morning, Saturday, July 7, 2018, when Jennifer Kilbane, a founding member of the Keira Kilbane Foundation joins us here at newclevelandradio.net.
We support the Keira Kilbane Foundation https://newclevelandradio.net/services/organizations-we-support/ a local 501c3 organization designed to make a positive impact on the families facing Childhood Cancer.
Tune-in today to see how you can join the 5k Race on July 15, 2018, https://5k.keirakilbanefoundation.org/https://5k.keirakilbanefoundation.org/