now browsing by category
It is Sunday, for many considered a day of rest that may consist of sleeping late into the late morning or early afternoon hours. Years ago, Sunday was my lazy day, waking up to a new week, brunching or lunching with my husband, running errands in joyous harmony to GOLD CIRCLE™, prior to the TARGET™, days. We always found a bargain or two while picking up the essentials like toilet paper, napkins, laundry soap as well other fine household items we didn’t need. As we sauntered through the aisles we knew at the end of this weekly journey we would take our stash home and realize we forgot the most important item of the week, but we never identified what that item was!
Remember Yesterday – Live for Today
Those were the days when we first bought the Sunday newspaper, The Plain Dealer™, and cut out the coupons and checked out what was on sale before we stepped inside the doors of our Sunday retreat. The newspaper was more golden than the GOLD CIRCLE™. The Sunday edition was packed full of fun stuff like the comics in living color, and Parade Magazine™ that was sure to have a story of fun-filled information for reading, not scanning. That paper went to breakfast with us, and we staled out our time as did many weeding through the paper from the front page headlines to the comics, magazines, ads, and flyers. Great articles appeared in The Plain Dealer™, Jane Scott, Michael Heaton, Connie Schultz, Terry Pluto, and my friend Chuck Yarborough, just to name a few.
“Sunday, Sunday here again in tidy attire
You read the color supplement, the TV guide”
Today, Sunday is just another day, working; as most of us have more than one job in today’s economic debacle. I feel blessed as I am about to reach the big 69 tomorrow that I am able and capable to be on my feet supporting sales and earning a few extra dollars. I do this because I have learned through my upbringing that we must continue to venture through life and not only adapt to changes but to change for the betterment without bitterness. I may have been raised in the 50s and 60s with the voice of encouragement telling me that if I worked hard, I too would have a suburban home, two cars in the garage and much more than just a chicken in the pot. However, to maintain all that I was encouraged to work hard for comes with a price.
Appreciating Yourself so Others will Too!
I could complain that as I reach this pinnacle in life that I am still scratching and clawing to build a better lifestyle (not necessarily all financial), that will allow me to live fully. That lifestyle includes working on Saturday and Sunday and meeting new people and supporting their wants and needs providing guidance. My weekend gig is much like my weekday life with newclevelandradio.net, I work with various individuals, and I am their guide and support in sharing their message, compassion, and life providing us all options on which fork in the road will lead us to Sunday, the first day of the week.
Treat Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
As the Days to Love Yourself and Wish Yourself
A Happy Birthday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
I am so proud to share that my oldest son, Steve Rogovin, he is now a part owner in a new restaurant in Chicago. “Brothers and Sisters.” https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-brothers-and-sisters-opening-soon-20181018-story.html
Steve is also a practicing attorney with the law firm, MPSLaw in Chicago.
If you find yourself in the Chicago area, please check out, “Brothers and Sisters.” Brothers and Sisters, 2119 W. Chicago Ave., www.brothersandsisters.fun
It will soon be 2019; it seems like it was just 1999 and the year 2000 was a potential fearful new beginning. However, despite all the hype 1999 rolled into 2000 without a hitch, the World continued to orbit although there have been days I have wanted to scream: “Stop the World, I want to get off!” However, life does not work that way, and the rotation continues.
I have experienced many life changes in the past 20 years, and as we head into 2019, I have plans for additional events that will not only allow me to grow but will include many of you. So here is how you can join me on a journey of friendship and love.
- If you like music and enjoy having company, contact me care of email@example.com. Newclevelandradio, LLC., we will plan a house concert for you to host in your home. A house concert is just what you think it is, a concert at your home. You provide us with the type of music you would like to have presented. Guarantee a minimum of $200 (which you can collect through ticket sales.) We will help you do the rest through social media. This is an opportunity to meet performers and host a private event that will enrich your life as well as your guests.
- Do you have a dream? “If you will it, it is no dream.” Join us for a monthly series: “It’s My Life, I Can’t Do It Alone.” A special thank you to Sheila James , Sheila is my inspiration for starting this series. I have dreamt about who I want to be, and for the last five years I have been taking baby steps in that direction, well now I am taking a giant step, and it’s not just about me, but you too. We will share dreams once a month in a forum where you will get to know me and the people who inspire me.
- Adding new shows on newclevelandradio.net. We will be encouraging the inspirational people who you will be meeting to continue their stories and share information to help us all follow the path that is best for us.
- Beginning an Entertainment Series at Vista Springs. This is not just local school or church performers although I look forward to bringing them into Vista Springs to become part of the community, however, in 2019 I will be introducing the community members, staffers, the families as well as all of you to join us for monthly live music/comedy performances at Vista Springs.
Music is a universal language and comedy brings out the endorphins for physical and emotional healing. We cannot do it alone, and neither can you! We will create a venue that will provide us with sunshine even on a cloudy, gloomy day here in northeast Ohio.
- This is the year of positive living; we will touch on topics like healthcare and self-care. Self-care is not always a solo journey, as the name of this series indicates, “It’s My Life, I Can’t Do It Alone,” we will discuss the concept of asking for help and aiding another.
My journey is not unlike the one you may be traveling, however, let me guide you, and please feel free to guide me as well. Let’s live in our lives in harmony.
One of my very special guest speakers will be Candace Pollock from the Intentionality Gurus. Candace and I have been hosting a podcast. Candace is a certified Personal Coach, she and I have been working together since March 2018, and I have learned so much about myself and the decisions I make, I have chosen if and what I want to change in my life. Never once did Ms. Pollock suggest or recommend that change was needed. As an intentional guru, I have learned to listen with my head and my gut!
Although he may not know it yet, Gary Wenner is another role model that I would like to include in this series. Gary may look like an ordinary man, but Gary has a heart of gold, and common sense to take himself from a depressive state to rekindling love and friendship when most would cower under.
Others that will be invited to share with me and you included: Melinda Smith, Katie O’Toole Smith, Katie Kramer, Jenny Bruce, Dorsena Drakeford, Denise Zarella, and another person who not only touched my life but changed it, Lorna Barrett. I have a long list of individuals who will add to this series and maybe one of them includes you.
I look forward to hearing from you and have you join me as I continue
 Theodor Herzl
 Coaching can be described as a relationship between a Life Coach and client where the coach uses specific skills to help the client achieve agreed upon results.
When newclevelandradio.net first launched, the concept was that the format would be sports, with a sprinkle of opportunity talk shows and entertainment interviews. In the last 14 plus months, there have been various changes of the good kind. We have added many new shows while saying goodbye to others that chose to re-invent themselves or let someone else step in with a new format. We are in the process of evolving and we are excited to inform all of our advertisers and prospective advertisers we now can calculate our listeners not only for a live record show but for all podcasts. I am still creating this format and as of today, we have the following show’s setup.
Care Notes – Homecare assistance – The Elderly and Senior Citizens (Cherished Companions, Doug Wilber)
Just B Cuz with cousins Jeff & Steve sharing family stories, sports, business, as well as featured guests
Lyft Diaries – Stories of a Lyft & Uber Driver with Morgan
What in the World with Paul Seaburn – Real stories, not fake new, weird and humorous
Coming soon the stories from Uber and Lyft. We welcome Morgan as she shares her current journey of driving some famous and not so famous people from one location to another. All stories are real, unlike fake news. However, the names of the individuals will remain anonymous, as Morgan and newclevelandradio.net does not want to be sued!
This new live record to podcast show is being created for fun and laughs. Please watch for the premiere date.